My name is Rachael Douglas and I am a professional freelance translator. I approach projects with commitment and diligence, enabling me to produce high-quality translations and meet deadlines with reliability. I am fluent in both French and Spanish and thus am engaged in translating from these languages into English. I translate texts from a wide range of fields, and I have expertise in the production of accurate technical translations. I also love literature, and I consider translation to be an essential part of the modern world.
I am an Associate of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting.
Translation work undertaken in a wide variety of fields. The following list provides examples, but is not exhaustive:
- Technical: Technological solutions, locomotives, watches etc.
- Engineering & Industrial: Factory & equipment manuals, safety information etc.
- Academic: School and university transcripts, course descriptions etc.
- Literary: Literature for young adults.
- Computing & IT: Messaging apps, computing and programming training materials etc.
- Automotive: Detail of automotive parts, manuals, etc.
- Websites: Sustainable energy production, technical products, online shops etc.
- History of Art: Material for historical properties, museums etc.
MA in Translation
September 2016 – December 2017
Pass with Distinction
- Technical Translation
- Literary Translation
- Translation Theory and Practice
- The Business of Translation
- Translation and Journalism
BA Hons. (Joint Honours: French and Spanish)
September 2005 – June 2009
- Theory and practice of Translation
- Literature and Society in 20th Century France
- The Literature of War
- French Studies
- Hispanic Studies